This cookbook will be sold to raise funds for educational programs
benefiting youth in Liberia who have been affected by war and the Ebola
outbreak. This cookbook will also feature stories from some of our young
If you would like to be part of this project, please complete the Call For Recipes Submission Form on or before November 15, 2014.
Below is an example showing how to complete the fields of the submission form.
1) Contact Information
- Name: Jane Doe
- Address: 100 Liberia Drive, St. Paul, MN 55555
- Phone: 000-000-0000
- Email: [email protected]
2) Recipe Submission
- Recipe Name: Coconut Bread
- Country Where Recipe Originates: Liberia
- When/How Used: This delicious bread is made by my mother when the coconuts were harvested from the tree in our backyard.
- Ingredients (Quantity, Measure Ingredients
oven to 325° F (163° C.) Grease two 8 ½ inch long x 4 ½ inch wide x 2 ½
inch deep bread loaf pans with shortening or butter
1. Prepare the coconut: Reserve the water for use later; Grate coconut meat; set aside
2. Sift flour baking powder and salt together; set aside
3. Cream butter and sugar
4. Add eggs and vanilla; blend well
5. Mix in coconut and raisins
Add flour mixture to batter alternately with coconut water until the
dough forms a ball (if there is not enough coconut water to mix in with
batter to make a ball, use approximately 2/3 c. milk as a substitute.)
7. Knead on flour board; divide in half and shape into 2 loaves
8. Place in greased loaf pans
9. Let rise 30 minutes in warm place
10. Bake 55 – 60 minutes
11. Bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean
12. Let Bread cool in pan for 15 minutes; remove from pan and cool on a rack
- Yield: 15 – 17 slices (servings) per loaf
3) Consent to use Recipes: this last section of the form authorizes:
- Use of submitted recipes in the Uniting Distant Stars Recipes for Learning Cookbook sold to raise funds for Uniting Distant Stars Educational Programs
- Use of your name as submitter of the recipe(s) you submitted to the Uniting Distant Stars Recipes for Learning Cookbook and in marketing materials related to this cookbook.
- Uniting Distant Stars has the sole decision on what recipes will be included in the cookbook.
If you have any questions regarding this project, please submit to [email protected].
Thank you for participating in the Recipes for Learning Cookbook!